Saturday, May 2, 2009

HDR photographs

I am interested in making HDR images. I have not done it yet, but I have seen many pictures that have amazing colors because of HDR. I did a little research and found some directions that I am going to test out:

First, use a tripod so all the pictures are the same.
Bracket 3 different shots with settings EV +/- 1 or 2.
Use a cable release.
Use aperture priority. (F8 for starters)
Meter the scene by half pressing the shutter release button, then remember what shutter speed number gets displayed.
Switch to manual, and set your shutter speed to the number. Leave your aperture at F8.
Shoot your 3 images.
Then in photoshop, open up 3 images-one for midtones, highlights, and shadows.
File-Automate-merge to HDR-add 3 files.
New file has possibly 32-bit color. Lower to 16-bit for printing.
Edit normally as wanted in photoshop-curves, color. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment