Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rankin

Digital Photographer who lives in london. http://www.rankin.co.uk/bio.aspx. He does advertising, beauty, portraits, lingerie, covers, and fashion. His photographs are very digitally enhanced and manipulated. He shoots for advertising. Everything from Baileys, Cannon, Nike, Dove, Coke, Shampoos, water, sunglasses, clothing stores, BMW, and diamonds. He makes covers for many different magazines including Vogue, Esquire, GQ, Dazed, and playboy. I think his images are sharp and 'hip' like fresh. A lot of modeling and fashion, beauty shots for makeup probably. I like looking at how photography can be used for more than just art. Advertising. It is a way to make money, and I like that there are successful digital photographers in the advertising field. This is a field that interested me 3 years ago when I was first going to college. I took an advertising class and was going to major in that a well. I am happy with my major now, but I think it would be good to learn more about photography and advertising and how they go together in many instances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment