Monday, April 13, 2009

Proj 3

For the next project I am doing #3 which is post print manipulation. In the past I have done a Polaroid manipulation where I heated up the picture with a hair blow dryer and  then took a golf tee to make swirls and textures on the print. So when I first heard about assignment 3, this is what I thought of...but we are printing on the epson printer on matte paper so I didn't know what to do. 2 weekends ago, on a drive home from temple, the sky was looking really amazing. So I took out my camera and took some pictures. When I was in class trying to think of something to do for assignment 3, I looked at my pictures of clouds that I had taken and decided what I was going to do. I printed out 4 large images of the sky and interesting clouds. 2 of the images where from that weekend, and the other 2 were from about a year ago. No I have the images printed and my post print manipulation is going to be painting with an acrylic medium glossy gel. On Thursday after I buy the gel, I am going to use a thick paint brush and I will make several layers of gel to create a texture that looks like the clouds. Hope it works out how I want it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment