Monday, April 13, 2009

Photography Portfolio

I am interested in shooting sports photography. I love sports and I love photo, so I tried combining the two, and I really enjoyed it. So, I am doing a portfolio on sports photography. I wanted to push the action idea and possibly shoot 'still life' in sports. I was imagining close ups, b/w, macro, pattern, etc for this idea. Examples would be a pile of field hockey sticks with all different colors and logos. Another example is sports equipment close up in b/w. 
My next idea is just shooting emotion in sports. People celebrating after a home run, fans cheering, coaches yelling, dad teaching his son to catch, lifting massive amounts of weights, crying after a lose, exhaustion, and frustration. 
My last idea is a photo essay where I will photograph a single sport or possibly a single sporting events and show all aspects of the sport: emotion, action, still life. Strong opening image, throughout the game, and a strong closing image. 
I decided to pic the last idea. I like the other ones, but for my portfolio, I want to shoot just field hockey and try my best to get prime action shots, emotion, and still life. I have shot at 3 different tournaments so far, and I have one more to go this weekend. I have edited over 200 pictures and have 10 solid ones. I am finding that it is best to just shoot and eventually I will get a good one. Until I get better at this type of photography, I am just shooting as much as possible. I think my images from the first weekend up until last weekend did improve a little. I am excited to see these printed out. I will have possibly 3 different sizes. 10x10, 7.5x11, and 4x7. Some images have better quality and resolution than others; I need to balance them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment