Friday, February 12, 2010

Lighting Techniques Propsal Assignment 3

Assignment 3- Instillation utilizing projection of imagery or light.
I really like the whole sports idea for photography so I am going to roll with it. The location I have decided on is the field hockey locker room. During our season, we have a different poster for each game up on white brick wall. They include pictures, opponents, quotes, and different blurbs from years past games. After each competition, we write the final score on the poster. After the season was over, our whole wall was totally crammed with these posters and it was a way to look back and reflect on our games. It brings back memories because I remember seeing the posters before each game, and writing on them after each one. We took all the posters down now, because we are in a new season now, spring; but I still think about them when I look at the blank wall, and remember our triumphs and struggles and can visualize the posters that used to be there.
I am going to project images onto this wall. They aren’t really there because they are being projected, but they would make me think of the memory of having them there. I need help deciding what exactly to project. I have a couple different ideas. First, I could use the portraits of the athletes from assignment 2. What I would do is shoot several different players from my team and project their portrait on the wall; because each and every one of us is responsible for the outcome on the wall. I could also incorporate the titles of the opponents we versed, and the final score somehow. On the other hand, I could use the opponents from our upcoming season to show that the wall is blank now, but in August of this year, it will be filled up again with brand new posters and a brand new season, with all new outcomes. I really like the concept I have come up with, and how it relates to me personally, but I don’t have any real solid ideas of imagery to project. The location would be perfect because it’s in the MAC on campus, and I will get permission from my coach to have the class come in the locker room.

No comments:

Post a Comment